Book Club Questions – The Bone Wall
- Several cultures occur in the book – Heaven, the Riverwalkers, the Colony, and the Fortress. Did the cultures feel authentic? Could you see such cultures rising in a post-apocalyptic world?
- What specific themes did the author emphasize throughout the novel? What do you think he or she is trying to get across to the reader?
- Why do you think the author wrote this? What is this book’s message?
- Two characters tell the story alternating chapters. How did this structure work for you? Were both narrators interesting to read or did you prefer one over the other?
- How realistic was the characterization? Did the actions of the characters seem plausible? Why? Why not?
- What moral/ethical choices did the characters make? What did you think of those choices? How would you have chosen?
- Rimma and Angel see themselves as twins. What do you think about their relationship? What was the real relationship between them?
- Rimma made a number of choices, good and bad. What choices were the most significant in bringing about the conclusion? Would you have made some of the same choices as she?
- How did the book affect you? Did certain parts of the book make you uncomfortable? If so, why did you feel that way?
- Are you satisfied with the ending? Why or why not?