Book Club Questions – Sorcerer’s Garden
- The Sorcerer’s Garden takes place in modern Portland, Oregon, USA. Is the setting of the story important to the book? In what ways? What current events, if any, color the story?
- What specific themes did the author emphasize throughout the novel? What do you think he or she is trying to get across to the reader?
- Who was your favorite character? Why? Would you want to meet him or her?
- What moral/ethical/life choices did the main characters (Madlyn, Dustin, and Cody) encounter? What did you think of those choices? How would you have chosen?
- How do the main characters change or evolve throughout the course of the story? What events trigger such changes?
- What did you think of the plot line development? How credible did the author make it?
- The Sorcerer’s Garden was a book within a book and eventually the two worlds started to merge. Was the structure confusing or intriguing? Were you able to follow the action?
- How did the book affect you? Did certain parts of the book make you uncomfortable? If so, why did you feel that way?
- Are you satisfied with the ending? Why or why not?
- What do you think will happen to the characters beyond the end of the book?
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: